Have you chosen the perfect wig but aren't confident enough to install it yourself? If so, we’ll bet you’re asking yourself, "Where can I get a wig install near me?", If this sounds like you, we’re delighted to let you know that you are in the right place.
Many people feel overwhelmed by the installation process of a new wig. From prepping your natural hair to plucking the wig and melting the lace, it can be near impossible to do it yourself. Moreover, even if you know how to install a wig, having it installed by a professional can really bring out the best in it and make it stand out.
In this article, we will explain to you how you can find a wig install near you. By the end of this article, you'll have all of the information you need to get a professional wig install at your convenience.
Wig Install Near Me Locator
To find a stylist to install your wig in your area, use our Wig Install Near Me Locator. It’s a general wig install locator to help customers find a wig install near them. To use the locator, all you need to do is put in your location and click search. Then, you'll see a list of the best wig stylists in your area. You'll also get to see where the stylist is located, their contact information, and more.
XRS Beauty Stylists Wig Install Near You
Another option is using our XRS Beauty Stylist Wig install locator. The great thing about this locator versus others is that it features stylists that are all recommended and approved by XRS Beauty. That way, you can feel comfortable contacting any of the stylists that appear when you search. Other locators simply show you wig stylists in your area.
How the Wig Install Near Me Locator Works and How to Use It
Our locator is extremely easy to use. Let's get into how the locator works.
- The locator will automatically detect your location. To use this function, click into the search bar and select “use my location” from the drop-down menu.
- If you rather not use the location detection technology, you can input your zip code, City, or address to find a wig install near you.
- Click search and wait for a second or two for the results to be generated.
- Take a look at the results. The locator shows the places/salons that can install a wig for you. It displays the distance, contact number, reviews, distance, open hours, prices, and estimated install time to help you make the best choice. It also offers you directions to the stylist's location.
The locator enables you to contact a wig stylist near you for a wig install, find a new stylist, or search for a stylist while you're visiting an unfamiliar area.
Who/Where Can You Go to Do a Wig Install
Before you use the tool, it may be helpful to you to learn about the types of results you’ll get. When it comes to getting a wig install, you have several options, and they include:
- Wig salon- You can expect a reasonable degree of technical expertise at a wig salon, since those working there are likely to be certified in some way.
- Individual stylist- An individual stylist who is not affiliated with a wig salon may not have the same amount of experience as someone in a wig salon. However, you may be able to get your wig installed for less money with an individual stylist than you would if you choose a wig salon.
- Wig store- Sometimes, you can purchase your wig and get it installed at the same place. These types of wig stores are difficult to find, but they are out there. It's super convenient not to have to meet up with a stylist and make an appointment to go get your wig install after you've already purchased your wig. That's the appeal of getting your wig installed at a wig store. Find a wig store near you use our wig store locator.
There are several factors that affect the services that you can expect at each of these places. Some stylists, for example, may offer all the services that a wig salon may offer. However, you may come across individual stylists who offer an extensive array of wig styling services. But, in general, you may be able to get lace fronts, full lace, and 360 lace wigs installed by capable hands if you choose a stylist affiliated with a wig salon versus an individual stylist.
Wig Install Price
The price of a wig install may vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, in an area where the cost of living is high, you can expect to pay a little more for a wig install than you would in an area with a lower cost of living.
Also, the price of your wig install will depend on the type of wig you need installed and how much time it will take to get it to look natural and beautiful on you.
Lastly, the price of your wig install will depend on the person or business doing it. It may be more cost-effective to get your wig installed by an individual stylist rather than at a wig salon, where prices are usually more expensive.
The cost of getting a wig installed will usually include braiding down your natural hair, putting on the adhesive, putting on your wig, and then making it look natural via plucking, baby hair styling, etc. But remember that each stylist or salon reserves the right to include whichever services in the wig install that they want.
It's also important to know that the cost will depend on which method your stylist will be using to install the wig. There are many wig installation methods you can choose from, including glue, wig grips, and sewing. A wig installation using glue will be much less expensive than ones that require sewing.
But what many know is that a wig install is not a small expense. In most cases, you can expect to pay close to $150 or more for your wig install regardless of your location.
In the below section, we will give you some general price ranges for the most common wig installation services.
- Lace front wig install price range - To get a lace front wig installed, you should plan to pay around $150. The cost usually includes braiding your hair down, securing the wig on your head, and styling it so it looks natural. Some charge more than $200 for a lace front wig install.
- Full lace wig/360 lace wig install price - To get a full lace wig or 360 lace wig installed, prepare to pay at least $200. Depending on the experience level of your stylist and availability, the price could be over $300.
- Other services price - They are certain add-on services that you can request during your wig install, and they include a wig wash, a special wig style, bundle dying, etc. These extras could cost you anywhere from $25-$50 or more each.
Why Go for a Wig Install Service Near You
Getting a wig install service near you is an excellent idea for anyone who is either inexperienced with installing wigs or is preparing for a special occasion where they need to look flawless. Here are some of the top reasons why professional wig installs are a fantastic choice:
- Expertise- A professional stylist will have the expertise necessary to braid your hair correctly, lay your lace down naturally, and style your wig, giving you a finished look that’s sure to impress. Not only that, but many stylists will offer advice regarding which installation method will provide you with the look you want.
- Professional products - Professional stylists have often tried out tons of products and found the ones that work best. When you go in for a wig install service, you'll get top-notch treatment with quality products and proven wig styling techniques. When you experiment with products at home, you may not get the same quality results that you could get from high-quality products.
- Variety of Professional Services - Getting a professional wig install also affords you more styling and installation options than you'd otherwise have. For instance, you can add color to your extensions or get the wig professionally shampooed.
Can You Install by Yourself and Benefits
Getting a professional wig install is not mandatory - you can install and style your own wig if you have the time and willingness to learn how to do it correctly. There are also some helpful resources that you can use to learn all about installing wigs, and they include:
- YouTube - On YouTube, you'll find an extensive selection of wig install tutorials that show you step-by-step how everyday people install theirs. You can also search for videos that show professional stylists installing wigs. You'd be surprised how much you can learn by watching a video.
- Professional Wig Websites and Blogs - The internet is full of blogs that teach about every aspect of wig installation. We recommend that you read through our How to Put On a Wig article to find out how to install your wig at home.
Pro tip: When you'll be installing your wig yourself, it's best to start with a beginner-friendly lace front wig. You could also go with our NEW Clear Lace Wig, which quickly and easily melts into your skin and offers you a very natural result. Since it doesn't require much work on your part, it's a fantastic choice for a self-install.
Here are some of the benefits of installing your own wig:
- Save money - As discussed earlier, wig installations can cost hundreds of dollars. You can save all of that money if you decide to do your own wig installation.
- Convenience - Installing your wig in the comfort of your home is much more convenient than setting up and going to an installation appointment.
- Numerous options - You can install and style your wig in any style you want, use the internet and social media to get style inspiration, and choose the products you'd like to use to achieve your desired result.
If you're a veteran wig wearer, here's your chance to help out the wig newbies! What's your #1 tip when choosing a professional for a wig install? Which wig stylist or salon that you would recommend to everyone. Feel free to share below in the comment section.
We encourage you to shop your favorite wig online at XRS Beauty for a great price and then go to a professional for a local wig installation service near you. Our wig install near me locator will help you find a great professional fast! Make sure to mention XRS Beauty to our stylist to see if there are any special events or discounts available to you!